AUSTRALIA - Postal History
|1002 ||✉||A||1946 use of 4d Koala, cancelled with 'DARWIN/??JE46/N T.', on cover to East Kew, Vic, with straight-line 'Department of the Army/Concession Postal Rate' (A1-), letter included. || 8.00 R
AUSTRALIA - WWII Military Postmarks
|1044 ||✉||B B1||Aust Unit Postal Stn 'AUST UNIT POSTAL STN/29JY45/432' (A1- backstamp, Atherton, Qld) on 6d Kookaburra & 1d purple-brown QE on Australian Technical Schools cover, with boxed 'AUST. ARMY POSTAL SERVICES/Reg'd No. __' (B1) in purple & boxed 'ARMY POSTAL/CONCESSION RATE' (A1) in purple, some light toning, small closed tear on front. || 16.00 R
|2374 ||✉||A B1||Albert Park:
- boxed 'UNCLAIMED AT/ALBERT PARK' (B1) and 'ALBERT PARK S.C.6/12-P-2FE51/VIC' (B1) on face of unclaimed cover. |
RH 26/11/1883; PO c.-/1/1884.
| 16.00 R
|2386 ||✉||A A1||Alexandra:
- violet 'GONE AWAY' x2 and unclaimed hand on face of 1974 cover from Melbourne. |
Renamed from Redgate PO 24/4/1867; LPO 1/12/1997.
| 4.00 R
|2459 ||✉||A B2||Apollo Bay:
- WWW #20A 'APOLLO BAY/5JA54/VIC' arrival on cover from Colac, boxed 'UNCLAIMED AT/APOLLO BAY' (A1) on face |
Renamed from Krambruk PO 2/5/1898; LPO 28/7/1995.
| 8.00 sold
|2529 ||Δ||B2||Bacchus Marsh:
- boxed 'MISSENT/BACCHUS MARSH'. |
Renamed from Ballan PO 1/7/1850.
| 5.00 sold
|2596 ||✉||A- A2||Benalla R.A.A.F. P.O.:
- WWW #10 'R.A.A.F.P.O. BENALLA/9-A25SE4?/VIC-AUST' on 1d maroon QE (toned corner) on R.A.A.F cover to Sydney, with boxed 'DEPARTMENT OF AIR/CONCESSION POSTAL RATE' (A2). [Rated R] |
PO 27/5/1941; closed 26/10/1946.
| 20.00 R
|2713 ||✉||A B1-||Camperdown:
- WWW #145A light 'CAMPERDOWN/20FE58/VIC-AUST' (arcs 3,2) backstamp on cover from Melbourne, boxed 'UNCLAIMED AT/CAMPERDOWN' (B1) on face. [Rated 3R] |
Renamed from Timboon PO 1/1/1854.
| 40.00 R
|2760 ||✉||A- B1||Cavendish:
- boxed 'UNCLAIMED AT/CAVENDISH' and green pointed finger on face of OHMS Forests Commission cover (small tear), franked with 3½d blue KGVI perf 'VG' and cancelled with 11 Sep 1951 Ballarat machine slogan. |
PO 1/4/1853; LPO 19/5/1994.
| 13.50 sold
|2776 ||✉||A- B1||Clarinda (1):
- WWW #20 'CLARINDA/5DE60/VIC' on face of unclaimed cover, franked with 5d Qld. Stamp Centenary, cancelled with 21 Nov 1960 Melbourne machine, originally addressed to Clarinde PO, violet straight-line 'Unclaimed at Clayton' (A1) and violet 'UNKNOWN BY/POSTMEN CLAYTON' (B2) also on face. |
RO 13/9/1911; PO c.-/10/1923, provisionally closed 27/4/1971; closed 29/7/1971.
| 32.00 R